How to Back Up a Website
You can back up the data for each of the websites in your WatchTowerHQ account as long as they aren't behind a password protected entity (such as Wix or Squarespace) and they're not set up with higher level security SSH keys.
How to Backup Your Websites
- On the Websites page, click on the pencil icon for the site that you'd like to back up.
- At the bottom of the form, notice the Backups slider. You'll need to toggle this to "on" in order to access the backup settings
- Notice that the Backups tab pops up once the slider is set to on. Click on the Backups tab to set up FTP information.
- Next you'll need to to flip the FTP/SFTP slider to "on" and fill in the website's connection details:
- Connection Type
- Select whether or not your connection type will be FTP or SFTP. here
- Let WatchTowerHQ know whether or not this will be an SSL connection. Some web hosts do not support this option, so it's important to check this information beforehand.
- Refers to the website's IP address, which can be found on the hosting account (e.g., GoDaddy, Bluehost, etc.).
- Username & Password
- The credentials that correspond to your site's hosting account.
- File Path
- Indicates where you'd like the initial file path to start (or the root) in your website's file system.
- Once done, be sure to save your changes using the "+ Save Changes" button.