How to Manage Health Check Failure Notifications
Health check failures let you know when a website is down and can notify you at custom increments.
Health Check Notification Frequency
The health check failure monitors the uptime of each website every 10 minutes. When a site returns anything other than a 200 response (good), it begins checking the affected site every minute. If the site continues to receive a bad response a specified number of times, then you will receive a notification of a health check failure.
Let's take a look at how to set a desired number of responses you would like the checker to tolerate before sending a notification. In this example, we've set it to 5, which means that the Health Check monitor would check the site's uptime 5 times -- once per minute for 5 minutes -- before sending a notification. If a bad response is still being returned, then the account admin will be notified.
Editing Health Check Failure Settings
- Navigate to the Website page and click on the desired website's name
- Click on the blue "Other Actions" button, a dropdown menu should appear
- Select "Notifications Setup" from the menu
- Scroll down the settings list until you come to "Health Check Failures".
- Here you can fill in the number of failures you would like the health checker to tolerate before sending a notification.
- Once done, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the blue "Update Notifications" button.