How to Mark Security Alerts as False Positive
Sometimes security alerts can be a mistake or a false positive. If you'd like to ignore a security alert or believe it may be a mistake, then you'll need to whitelist the flag.
Whitelisting a Security Alert
- Click on the website affected in the Security Alert box on the Dashboard.
- You'll be redirected to Backups. The most recent alerts will appear at the top; find the alert that you would like to whitelist.
- Click on the "Mark as FalsePositive" link to clear the status for that alert.
- If you've marked a security alert as a false positive, you can still view that alert in Malware Management.
- Click on the Settings dropdown menu and select Malware Management.
- A list of false positive alerts will be displayed. If you'd like to permanently remove any alerts, click the "Delete" button.