How to Install WatchTowerHQ On a WordPress Site
To set up a WordPress website in WatchTowerHQ, you will need to have access to the site's WordPress Dashboard and permissions in order to install and activate a plugin.
There are two options for downloading the WatchTowerHQ plugin: via the WatchTowerHQ download or in the WordPress directory. Let's begin by looking at the WordPress directory:
Install the WatchTowerHQ Plugin From the WordPress Directory
The WatchTowerHQ plugin is available in the WordPress directory, follow these steps to download it to your site:
- Go to the Plugins page in your site's WordPress dashboard.
- Search for WatchTowerHQ in the plugin search bar.
- Once you've found WatchTowerHQ, click to download.
- Activate the plugin by clicking activate (found beneath its name).
- At the top of WatchTowerHQ, click on the blue "Download WP Client" button.
- A pop-up may appear asking whether you would like to save or open the WordPress zip file. Click on "Save File" and then select where you'd like the file to be saved. The WordPress Client will now be downloaded on your machine.
- Log into the website's WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on Plugins, found in the sidebar on the left. Inside of the Plugins drawer, click on "Add New".
- In the upper left corner of the page, click the "Upload Plugin" button.
- Upload the WatchTowerHQ Agent zip file that was downloaded earlier. Click on "Install Now", then "Activate Plugin".
Download the most recent WatchTowerHQ Agent
Once you have installed the WatchTowerHQ plugin on your WordPress site, the next step is to retrieve the connection code and share it with
- In the sidebar on the left of the page, select Settings then click on "WatchTower Settings".
- Click on the Access Token to copy it.
Retrieving the Connection Code
- Open WatchTowerHQ and navigate to the Websites page. Click the "Add New Website" button found on the upper right side of the page.
- Fill out the site information. Be sure to select WordPress as the CMS Client Installed, then paste the Access Token copied from WordPress (in step 2) into the space.
For an in-depth guide on adding a new website to WatchTowerHQ, check out our guide on How to Add a New Website.